STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

denied access to financial records

By craig wood on Tue, 05 Dec 2017 at 07:07

For the last 2 years I have been trying to view certain financial records, I have blatantly been refused this, the chairman in an email actually said"...you will not give Craig anymore information", since then at the AGM we appointed new trustees, as the lawyers letter they sent me stated that they are not denying me access to records I once again sent an email, then I was told that I could not have access to the records without sending them an Agenda listing the reasons I wanted access to the records which then needs to be approved by the trustees, does this sound right?

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: denied access to financial records

Frances Paton replied on Tue, 05 Dec 2017 at 09:22

Hi Craig
I see you posted the same question on 20 November, and were referred to PMR 27, a copy of which was provided. Please see PMR 27 (4), (5) and (6), which specifically oblige the trustees to provide owners with the records listed in that rule within 10 days of receiving a request. Financial records are listed (see PMR 27(3)(h)), so you are fully entitled to see them and do not have to give reasons. The trustees have no discretion whether to provide them to you or not. If they continue to refuse to give you access to the financials, your recourse is to the ombud to obtain an order in terms of section 39(7)(a) of the CSOS Act requiring the body corporate to make these records available to you.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11054
  • Users: 20259