STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Appointment of a Supervisor

By Stella Niemack on Wed, 06 Dec 2017 at 15:29

Good Day,
Please advise on the process to be followed should the Body Corporate wish to appoint a supervisor to assist with the Administration & Management of the complex.
Thank you

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Appointment of a Supervisor

andrew church replied on Thu, 07 Dec 2017 at 12:43

appoint a (supervisor) ?
---------------------
Do you mean appoint a (supervisor) from one of the Owners to Administrate,Manage the complex?
--------------------
or Appoint a (Managing Agent) from the private sector who will provide Administration and Management to the complex. If this is the case then the Trustees will search for a (Managing Agent)?
------------------

RE: Appointment of a Supervisor

Stella Niemack replied on Thu, 07 Dec 2017 at 13:26

Hi,

Apologies, I should have been more specific.
We have a Managing Agent in place. I am a Trustee & owner in the complex. I have been performing the duties of a "supervisor" with no compensation for 5 years now. In terms of the new legislation in place in that BC's have to have a 10 year maintenance plan which we prepared & need to carry out, I would like to be appointed a the supervisor since I will be taking earlier retirement. Our Managing Agent do not provide maintenances services & if they did it would increase our fees. I do understand that Trustees offer their services on a voluntary basis & that a Special Resolution needs to be passed in order to be compensated. Thanks

RE: RE: Appointment of a Supervisor

Anne Greening replied on Thu, 07 Dec 2017 at 15:51

Hi, Stella, the trustees have the right to engage a new employee, provided that his/her salary has been included in the budget for the current financial year.
To avoid any suggestion of nepotism, a proper job description should be drawn up, and the job advertised. Your application would then be considered together with any others received. You must not take any part in the trustees' discussions or decisions in this matter.

RE: RE: RE: Appointment of a Supervisor

Stella Niemack replied on Fri, 08 Dec 2017 at 08:36

Good day Anne,
I will go ahead and implement all your recommendations as outlined in your response.
Your expert knowledge & advices are greatly appreciated.
With thanks
Regards

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11054
  • Users: 20259