STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Defamatory Minutes of Trustee Meeting

By Alvin Peterson on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 at 00:43

Hi

I would like to know if it is legal for Trustees to defame owners in documents such as minutes of trustees meeting. I have arrear levy. The trustees have minuted an unrelated point "mr x and mrs y attended the managing agents office to query something but they did not speak about their levy accoints which are in arrears. Im sure that i do not deserve to be humiliated in a document that is accessible to all owners in this manner? And do I not have a right to visit a managing agents office ? Why does it have to be discussed at a trustees meeting
What can I do about this defamatory minutes which have been published and exposed to everyone?

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Defamatory Minutes of Trustee Meeting

Murray Bennett replied on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 at 23:33

"Defamatory" relates to false or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another as by slander or libel. It seems that you are arrears and have not discussed and entered into a payment plan in this regard and that the trustees have merely noted this in the minutes? Whilst the managing agents are employed by the trustees to assist them with their duties, trustees are ultimately responsible for ensuring that levies are paid and that appropriate steps are taken to recover arrears.

RE: RE: Defamatory Minutes of Trustee Meeting

Alvin Peterson replied on Tue, 09 Jan 2018 at 09:21

Hi. The thing is I had entered into a payment plan which the Trustees and MA is totally aware of. Payments were being made and the account will be settled by January month end. I visited the MA for explantion as the trustees had given credit of levies approx 20 000 to another owner. I visited the MA to query this in the interest of all owners and the Trustees did not like this so as they minuted it, where it reads, I visited the offices of the MA to query Mr X levies but I did not talk about my levy account which is in arrears.
My visit to the MA was my own personal issue which had nothing to do with the Trustees meeting. Since the portfolio manager is good friends with the trustees he had informed the Trustees who did not like this and siezed the opportunity to put on record I query other owners accounts and do not speak of my account when I am in arrears.
As an owner do I not have the right to query actions of the Trustees? This is why I state the minutes as defamatory as the Trustees used one line in their minutes to personally label me for being in arrears for querying another owners account yet it fails to mention Im making payment or have a payment plan. Can trustees freely use minutes as their own personal platform to shame people who question them and get away?

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11482
  • Users: 20862