STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Appointing managing Agent

By Nomthandazo Luthuli on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 10:23

Hi can the board of trustees fire the current managing agent and appoint a new one without consulting the residents of the complex?

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Appointing managing Agent

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 16:08

STSMA - Regulations [Full copy can be found under library section on this page]

Executive managing agents and managing agents...Show More

RE: Appointing managing Agent

Callie de Jager replied on Sat, 13 Jan 2018 at 21:20

To follow on – My question – Does the power to appoint lie exclusively with the Trustees or must the owners be consulted?
Our Trustees have appointed another new managing agent, very unexpectedly. The second one in 16 months. We were not considered in either decision nor were we notified regarding both decisions. We have had an AGM the other day and nothing was said to us. Our Domicillium was changed without any explanation; I did query the change but has not had an answer as yet. (At that point I did not know that the managing agents were changed). I understand that they manage on our behalf. I see the changes as major decisions and feel that they should have consulted us. Is it not compulsory to inform the BC regarding these type of decisions and to supply reasons for the action? Possibly, even advising the owners before the time that it is their intention to change managing agent and then once the change has happened, to notify us.
Or, does all that power of change lie exclusively with the Trustees?

RE: RE: Appointing managing Agent

Anton Kelly replied on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 10:06

Hi Callie

We see that your question has not yet been answered. ...Show More

RE: RE: Appointing managing Agent

laurika Theunissen replied on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 08:47

The members (owners) appoint trustees at the AGM (annual general meeting) to act on their behalf. Therefor the Trustees have the right to change managing agent without consulting with the owners.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11092
  • Users: 20319