STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Outside wall paint

By Gert Ungerer on Thu, 08 Feb 2018 at 07:58

Hi, this is my first post here!

I bought my sectional title and there is a big unpainted block on the outside wall where the previous owner had a portrait hanging and took it with them when they moved. Does the BC have to cover the painting of this block?

Regards
Gert

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Outside wall paint

Anne Greening replied on Fri, 09 Feb 2018 at 08:00

Hi, Gert, Welcome to the Forum.
Although the BC is responsible for the maintenance of the common property - which includes the outside walls of the units - the answer is not that simple. Did the previous owner have exclusive rights to the area abutting the wall? If not, did he obtain the permission of the trustees to hang the painting there?

RE: RE: Outside wall paint

Gert Ungerer replied on Fri, 09 Feb 2018 at 09:32

He did have exclusive rights to the wall. It's the outside wall of the unit in the garden. I don't think he even asked for permission. I'm pretty sure he just hung it there and when it was time to paint, they just painted around it.

RE: RE: Outside wall paint

Gert Ungerer replied on Fri, 09 Feb 2018 at 09:32

He did have exclusive rights to the wall. It's the outside wall of the unit in the garden. I don't think he even asked for permission. I'm pretty sure he just hung it there and when it was time to paint, they just painted around it.

RE: RE: RE: Outside wall paint

Anne Greening replied on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 at 08:12

Hi, Gert, If the painting was merely hung on a hook, and not attached in any way, there would have been no reason why the painters could not have simply taken down the painting to paint underneath it.

RE: RE: RE: RE: Outside wall paint

Gert Ungerer replied on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 at 09:08

Thanks! It was just hung on a hook. I will ask the BC to have it painted and see what they say.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11482
  • Users: 20862