STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Parking

By Suhet Crause on Mon, 12 Mar 2018 at 18:52

In our complex there is a massive problem with parking, it is a sectional title scheme and parking's are allocated as rules.
There are quite a lot of older people who do not make use of their allocated parking's, but if a person parks there, it is a big problem.

My question is, as a trustee am I able to request that allocated parking's be removed and first come first serve, but limit the complex to two cars per household?
Currently there is one garage and one allocated parking, but as it is an old building the newer cars do not fit in the garage and we are forced to stop outside. My problem is that another man with his bakkie is currently parking in front of his home in the road where no parking is allocated, thus with the new rule maybe he will be able to park in other parking's

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Parking

Murray Bennett replied on Mon, 12 Mar 2018 at 23:31

If the parking bays are allocated in terms of the rules, then a resolution of the members needs to be obtained to change the rules.
It seems that the parking bays are unregulated common property, are those whom they are allocated to pay rent for them?
Are there enough parking bays for each unit to be able to park two vehicles?

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11356
  • Users: 20674