STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Building insurance

By Keith Palmer on Sun, 13 May 2018 at 08:46

Hi Everybody,
I have been battling to get financials from the managing agent as they always have excuses. I have 2 questions, namely can they refuse and/or charge me for the bank statements? and what are the consequences if they do not pay the building insurance on time. I noticed when I eventually received some financials that some months the insurance was not paid and then the following month a double payments was made. This was not only one month occurrence - on the statements I have it happened in December 2017 and again in March 2018.
Kind regards
Keith Palmer

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Building insurance

Antoinette Pedro replied on Sun, 13 May 2018 at 16:44

Yes they can charge you for the costs incurred to give you bank statements. Must MA contracts state how much per photocopy they charge.

Insurance premiums are usually deducted via debit order and it's easy to see that 31 Dec 2017 was a Sunday and the Monday was a public holiday so the premium would have been deducted on the next business day 2nd or 3rd of Jan. Same with 31 March 2018 - it was a Saturday.

RE: RE: Building insurance

Keith Palmer replied on Sun, 13 May 2018 at 20:06

Thank you for that - and if they forward the bank statements via e-mail are they still allowed to charge and if so what is a reasonable charge.

RE: Building insurance

Clive Owens replied on Tue, 15 May 2018 at 07:31

follow

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11482
  • Users: 20862