STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

default levies

By Fahdiela Ball on Wed, 06 Jun 2018 at 07:26

Good Morning. I purchased a unit at sale of execution.
The outstanding levies was then due by me. Can i ask the managing agents to give me a complete breakdown of the outstanding levies after I transfer the levies. Will they be entitled to forward it to me.

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: default levies

Anne Greening replied on Wed, 06 Jun 2018 at 10:08

Hi, Fahdiela, As I understand it, you are entitled to obtain full details of any amounts due by you from any creditor. However, if this unit is in a sectional titles scheme, once it is transferred into your name, you will be a member of the body corporate. As such you will be entitled to require the trustees to provide you with any BC document.
I am wondering why the outstanding debts to the BC were not paid by the auctioneer to the BC before disbursing the remainder of the proceeds.

Fahdiela Ball replied on Wed, 06 Jun 2018 at 10:24

I am told it is client confidentiality by managing agents. I can only receive my statements. Not the default client. I spoke to the ombudsman she does not have email to send agents.

Piet van Wyk replied on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 at 08:34

Hi Fahdiela, if they expect you to pay an amount, they should give you a detailed invoice. You are then becoming the "client". I am not a legal expert though.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11356
  • Users: 20674