STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

re-painting project

By sheri morgan on Fri, 08 Jun 2018 at 13:27

My complex is currently undergoing a re-painting project. The trustees has painted three sample colours for the owners to vote by majority, and this was availed at the SGM the night before the painting project started. I have however, noticed that there is difference between the sample and that which is being painted on the houses. The sample was matt and the one used has a glossy appearance which looks terrible on exterior walls. I contacted the trustees to voice my concerns, and they said that the samples originally pointed come from a hardware shop and the one being used is the contractors own paint. Surely if we all voted on the sample, this is what should be used? I do I challenge this with the trustees?

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: re-painting project

Murray Bennett replied on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 12:45

It seems that the trustees only asked approval for the colour, not the type of paint?

RE: re-painting project

sheri morgan replied on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 13:47

yes that is correct. At the SGM it was stated that we would be using the contractors paint given they believe it was superior. I just guessed that at least it would come out the same as the sample.

RE: RE: re-painting project

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 20:41

I doubt that one owners objections will count in that case. I would imagine that you'll have to drum up major support from the rest of the owners and no doubt incur additional costs to change it.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11356
  • Users: 20674