STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

PQ' re-calculated

By Desiree Mansfield on Sat, 09 Jun 2018 at 04:38

Can someone explain the following please: Why are the levies reduced and PQ's re-calculated of all owners in the complex when an owner has extended their section floor space by adding on an additional room? Once their addition has gone thru the normal legal channels and procedure, SG, etc and registered at the deeds office, surely they are the only ones affected as they have to pay more levy for the extra floor space they acquired? And final question: Must the building plans for the complex be re-drawn, showing the new PQ measurements of all sections, plus addition added? If so, whose cost is this for?

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: PQ' re-calculated

Murray Bennett replied on Sat, 09 Jun 2018 at 13:06

https://www.paddocks.co.za/paddocks-press-newsletter/how-to-extend-the-boundaries-of-sections/

Each owners PQ is generally the floor area of Section X 100 / Total Floor Areas of all Sections.
If an owner extends the the total of the floor area increases and owner with the increased floor area will pay more than before and the rest of the owners less than before.

Desiree Mansfield replied on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 04:27

Thanks Murray, I dont understand what you said at all. The PQ's of my unit when I bought it, remain at say 119, so in theory how can they possibly be reduced because of another owner who extended their floor space? By the way, the web site you quoted I could not access at all.

RE: RE: PQ' re-calculated

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 19:50

Copy and paste [you cannot just click on it] the entire website link into your browser and the whole article will come up.
https://www.paddocks.co.za/paddocks-press-newsletter/how-to-extend-the-boundaries-of-sections/

RE: RE: PQ' re-calculated

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 20:36

Whilst your own floor area square meterage remains unchanged your participation quota/PQ [percentage ownership] will change.
Example below.

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 19:53

re: Unless the rules have been amended, each owners PQ is the floor area of Section X 100 / Total Floor Areas of all Sections.

If an owner extends the the total of the floor area increases and owner with the increased floor area will pay more than before and the rest of the owners will pay less than before....Show More

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11356
  • Users: 20674