STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Mechanical work

By ELIZE JANSEN VAN VUUREN on Tue, 09 Oct 2018 at 12:51

Mechanical work to vehicles, that makes a noise.
Entrance of all kinds of people. Overflow of
people at flats. Making a mess. Giving
accomodation to his clients.

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Mechanical work

ELIZE JANSEN VAN VUUREN replied on Tue, 09 Oct 2018 at 13:05

What can me and my husband do as owners of a flat to
this circumstances. The Landlord who sold 2 unit to
us and a other person, died recently and his son is
giving permission for guys in his flats to go on
with this behaviour. He never called for a meeting
or any discussions with us yet. Please help us,
because this is getting out of hand.

RE: RE: Mechanical work

Frances Paton replied on Sat, 13 Oct 2018 at 09:44

If the owner of a flat is causing or permitting a nuisance as you have described, you should contact the trustees. If the trustees do not deal with the matter you can file a complaint with CSOS. See Prescribed Conduct Rule 7 (which I assume applies to your scheme), which reads:

“Behaviour of occupiers and visitors in sections and on common property
7. (1) The owner or occupier of a section must not create noise likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of another section or another person's peaceful enjoyment of the common property.
(2) The owner or occupier of a section must not obstruct the lawful use of the common property by any other person.
(3) The owner or occupier of a section must take reasonable steps to ensure that the owner or occupier's visitors do not behave in a way likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of another section or another person's peaceful enjoyment of the common property.
(4) The owner or occupier of a section is obliged to comply with these conduct rules, notwithstanding any provision to the contrary contained in any lease or any other grant of rights of occupancy.”...Show More

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11537
  • Users: 20975