STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Are Picket Fences allowed?

By Warren Gordon on Thu, 08 Nov 2018 at 14:39

Good Day

I have a question with regards to putting up a 38m long and 1.5m picket fence around 1/4 of my property in a sectional title complex. The trustee in charge of approving building plans has declined my plans as she says that fences and walls are not allowed due to the Act and Regulations governing Sectional Titles. Basically I am wanting to know if this is true or not as I cant find this clause anywhere?

Kind Regards
Warren

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Are Picket Fences allowed?

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 08 Nov 2018 at 19:49

Is it an exclusive use area or common property? Either way a resolution of the members approving it would be necessary before it is erected.

RE: Are Picket Fences allowed?

Warren Gordon replied on Fri, 09 Nov 2018 at 07:47

Good Day

Thank you for the reply, it is an exclusive use area. I have got the 360 degree approval from my neighbors. However now the trustees are saying that erecting a fence is not allowed according to the Sectional Title act and/or regulations unless you intent to add a swimming pool. This is what I am not sure about as I have never heard of this before?...Show More

RE: RE: Are Picket Fences allowed?

Murray Bennett replied on Fri, 09 Nov 2018 at 11:42

Many sectional schemes allow fences to be erected, in Cape Town Timber and Vibracrete do not require council permission. A resolution of the members is required. I am not aware of anything in the Act and Legislation banning fences, do you perhaps have a conduct rule to that effect? A full copy of the legislation is under Library on this page. Refer to 30g below.

Sectional Title Scheme Management Act - Regulations
Use of sections and common property:...Show More

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11516
  • Users: 20920