STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Water and sewerage costs

By Hermann Botha on Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 13:50

Hi, I own a garage ONLY in a complex.No water supply. Over the last year the flatowners used a heck of a lot of water.There are no watermeters . So it gets recouperated via levies.
Am I obliged to help pay for the massive usage seeing that I have no water or sewerage connection ? A 30% ADDITIONAL INCREASE IN LEVIES.I presume under normal circumstances the levy increase would be 10%.
Advise will be appreciated.

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Water and sewerage costs

Murray Bennett replied on Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 22:45

The Sectional Titles Act, No. 86 of 1986, provides that the default manner in which common expenses must be recovered from owners is in accordance with the participation quotas allocated to the sections they own. The only circumstances in which the scheme is entitled to depart from this expense–sharing formula is in accordance with a rule made under subsection 32 (4) of that Act, which allows for the modification of the effects of the participation quotas in specified regards. Link to the full article : https://www.paddocks.co.za/paddocks-press-newsletter/levies-on-an-equal-per-ownerq-basis/
Separate meters should to be installed so that each owner pays the exact amount of their own usage. Some conserve water whilst others waste it which is really unfair these days.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11556
  • Users: 20997