STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

levies on exclusive use areas

By Heidi Krux on Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 16:13

Hello, I have bought into a complex and some of the garages are sections ( with own title where owners pay rates to the City) and others are only Exclusive Use areas. For both the levies are calculated and charged the same, as per PQ. My question is, is this correct? Can Exclusive use areas be charged the same as sections? Or could I make a case that te ones that are not owned should be charged less? Thanks so much, kind regards, Heidi

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: levies on exclusive use areas

Murray Bennett replied on Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 14:22

Contributions on the EUA garages should, in my opinion, be higher than the contributions on "owned garages"

On the EUA's the levies are to cover the costs of rates and taxes, insurance and maintenance in respect of the exclusive use area, including the provision of electricity and water if any....Show More

RE: RE: levies on exclusive use areas

Heidi Krux replied on Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 13:12

thanks so much for your thoughts. Interesting take, as I think the general view is the other way round. EUA's are part of the common property, and upkeep of that is already included in the general levies? So if I am charged for the garages upkeep this would be a double charge and should be deducted from the overall maintenance costs and therefore reduce the normal levy?

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11672
  • Users: 21168