STO Forums


Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Representing BC at Arbtration

By susanna clark on Wed, 24 Apr 2019 at 19:07

When a complaint is lodged with CSOS against Body Corporate and the Managing agent - can the MA represent the BC and himself at arbitration?


You must login to post a reply.

RE: Representing BC at Arbtration

Murray Bennett replied on Fri, 26 Apr 2019 at 16:22

I think so as the MA is employed by the trustees to carry out some of their duties and the trustees are entitled to choose a representative.

RE: Representing BC at Arbtration

andrew church replied on Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 07:17

(can the MA represent himself at ARBITRATION)
Keep in mind the word CONCILIATION when making an application FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION ?
The ombud must refer the matter to CONCILIATION. ( see 47.Conciliation below )
Conciliation 47. On acceptance of an application , if the ombud considers that there is a reasonable prospect of a negotiated settlement of the disputes set out in the application. The ombud must refer the matter to conciliation.

RE: Representing BC at Arbtration

Suzanne De Villiers replied on Fri, 03 May 2019 at 10:13

From my experience the important thing is that the person attending has full/complete authority to agree to something and/or make a decision. If the MA has been given this authority by the trustees via a resolution then it should be allowed.

Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199