STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

common property

By RAJ MOODALEY on Wed, 29 Feb 2012 at 19:35

I own a Flat on the beach from which has a porch measuring 100 m2. on the west of the porch I have an awning which was approved by the body corporate. Every top fllor unit has such an awning . Now I want to extend the awning into an L shape. I requested permission to do so and was bluntly refused without an reason. What can I do

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: common property

Gerhard Bezuidenhout replied on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 at 12:13

What to do? Go speak to the person who responded to you. Was everything in writing?

Apart from practical reasons for the refusal which will be clear only to those having had the opportunity to inspect the site, your trustees probably did not receive a detailed plan of what you intend; the local authorities might have placed a ban on such attachments; an increased risk of destruction which will affect conditions of your BC insurance policy.

RAJ MOODALEY replied on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 at 14:17

Thank you for the reply, I have put everything communication in writing, have given them the sketch and have subsequently asked for their refusal in writing .
Thanks for the feedback

Peter Vickery replied on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 at 15:37

Hi Guys - please refer to PMR 68 (1) (iv)- the 'harmonious appearance' rule.
This could very well be the case.

Regards...Show More

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199