STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Instructed by Body corp to remove tree in garden not registered as EUA

By Yashika Magjee on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 at 11:41

Hi there. I hope you will be in a position to offer guidance. I have a flat in a townhouse which is a garden unit. Whilst the garden area is walled between units with interleading gates, it has not been formally registered as an EUA. It was agreed at an AGM 2yrs ago to register it but never materialised to date with blunt responses from the Managing agent that it is not a priority. The complex water meter is in my garden area. I have been instructed to remove a palm tree from the garden due to the roots damaging complex water pipes underground in the garden, at my own cost. Is this a cost that the Body corporate should bear as it is not formally an exclusive use area, or should I? Thank you, Kind Regards

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Instructed by Body corp to remove tree in garden not registered as EUA

Gerhard Bezuidenhout replied on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 at 12:24

From your description - the BC has to take care of this problem at it's own cost.

Yashika Magjee replied on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 at 12:41

Thank you very much!!

Yashika Magjee replied on Thu, 12 Apr 2012 at 14:51

Hi there, please can you kindly advise further as the pressure from the Managing Agent continues. I advised that it is not my responsibility, however I did get a quote for R300 to cut the tree so I am willing to help out, still abstaining from any responsibility for any maintenance, however as a good gesture. The treefeller is doing it for me as a favour too. They are now requesting an insurance quote for this.
They are now also demanding that I cut down a 3 story high conifer tree in my garden as it is blocking sunlight into the flat on the 3rd floor insisting that I am obliged to do so. The garden is still not registered as an EUA, they are actually ignoring my enquiries on the EUA registration. I would sincerely appreciate any advice that you can offer, as I am constantly given emails with deadlines and threats that they will do it and charge it to my levy statement.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199