STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

proxies and voting

By Krishna Padachie on Wed, 07 Mar 2012 at 22:43

1, what is the maximum no of proxies that a person can carry to a AGM?
2. The forst mortgagee who is the chairman and is ex wife who owns/ occupies the flat both attende the agm both voted, he as chair and she as part of meeting. is this legal.
3. the chariman who lives in jhb and comes to meetings in Durban, then meets wit attorneys to discuss me and the legal fees are put onto my lvey account, I do not owe levies and no court of law has awarded costs against me, this is done to prevent me from voting at agm and more importantly, being a pension, to deplete my household income. Is this legal

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: proxies and voting

Carel Basson replied on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 at 11:10

Follow

Gerhard Bezuidenhout replied on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 at 22:23

1. At present there is no limitation. The new Act (not yet in operation) will limit proxies to TWO per representative.)
2. Probably the chairman held proxies? and his wife voted as representative of their own holding? You will only know after having inspected the attendance register and proxies delivered - which will support the quorum requirements as well.
3. No comment.

Julie Steffers replied on Sun, 11 Mar 2012 at 18:52

3. Have you got proof that you paid your levies up to date? Have all your statements and deposit slips, etc in a file. Draw up a spreadsheet that reflects (a) Date of Transaction, (b) Type of Transaction e.g. Levy, Payment, Electrity ect. (c) Amount charges (d) amount paid. (e) Total Due (calculate how much you owe). If you can prove that you you do not owe I suggest that you see an attorney. If you cannot afford one you could approach Legal Aid SA and they may be able to assist if you qualify for free legal aid. The number is 0800 110 110

Cal S replied on Sat, 07 Apr 2012 at 00:17

The maximum number of proxies any one person can hold was changed in the amendments issued in September last year to 2.

RE: RE: proxies and voting

Gerhard Bezuidenhout replied on Fri, 13 Apr 2012 at 15:40

No, your statement is incorrect as at the date of your posting.
The STMSA 8/2011 contains the restriction you refer to.
This Act has not yet been "activated" as the regulations are still under development.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199