STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

C.P cyclical painting shortfall.

By Marguerite de la Harpe on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 at 10:37

The exterior of my house is due for its cyclical 4 year painting maintenance by the B.C. The trustee/employed caretaker who supervises the painter/groundsman told me recently that my house was due for painting however the B.C. would only pay for one coat of paint and that I would have to pay for the second coat of paint as there wasn't enough in the budget for a second coat of paint. I have been paying a levy for years now what are my legal rights in such a situation?

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: C.P cyclical painting shortfall.

John Yates replied on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 at 11:18

Follow.

RE: C.P cyclical painting shortfall.

John Llewellyn replied on Sun, 11 Mar 2012 at 12:04

The Body corporate is solely responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the common property, which I suggest the walls of your house form a part.Therefore the B.C. must "pickup" the total cost of maintenance. BUUUUUUUUT, the trustees will determine the specifications of this maintenance proceedure.If they say one coat, then one coat it is !
Hope this helps John

RE: RE: C.P cyclical painting shortfall.

Marguerite de la Harpe replied on Sun, 11 Mar 2012 at 22:26

Hi john, Since the colour of the house is going to be changed the paint experts would recommend 2 coats paint. Also one would think that reasonable maintenance of the exterior would require two coats of paint particularly since living at the seaside the exterior of the house is subject to harsher weather conditions.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199