STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Water usage prior to occupation

By Josey Da Silva on Tue, 13 Mar 2012 at 11:09

Hi I am being charged by my managing agent for water usage in my unit from 7 months prior to me taking occupation of the unit. (Value upwards of R2000) Is this allowed now that I am the registered owner? A levy clearance certificate was provided, am I not exempt from this figure?

Thanks!

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Water usage prior to occupation

Clive Owens replied on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 at 07:44

I should imagine that since a clearance certificate was given , they would have to carry the cost for their mistake .

Josey Da Silva replied on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 at 10:11

Thank you for the reply. According to the body corporate I am liable for this figure. Hopefully I can take it further legally because now they are threatening me with interest charges on the outstanding amount.

RE: RE: Water usage prior to occupation

Swazi Coetzee replied on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 at 14:13

The clearance certificate is up to date of registration at the Deeds office in your name.The buyer is responsible for water consumption from the date the unit is registered in his name at the Deeds office as per water meter readings or as per Body Corporate calculations by filed rules.

Mike Power replied on Thu, 15 Mar 2012 at 06:40

Hi Josey, I agree with the answers given so far. Please examine the situation more closely, as we may not know all facts. Possession and occupation are 2 different things, and are commonly not the same date.

Josey Da Silva replied on Thu, 15 Mar 2012 at 08:20

Thanks for the answers guys. Much appreciated.

@Mike, sorry, I was not clear, it was not occupation, but registration....Show More

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199