STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Recording of our AGM

By Alta O\'Kelly on Fri, 16 Mar 2012 at 21:05

I would like to know if I am allowed to record the AGM of our Body Corporate, for verification purposes of the minutes that is been send out after the AGM.

Alta

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Recording of our AGM

John Yates replied on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 at 09:08

Follow.

RE: RE: Recording of our AGM

Alta O\'Kelly replied on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 at 13:55

What does follow mean. I realy don't understand this answer.

RE: RE: RE: Recording of our AGM

Anne Greening replied on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 at 14:49

It is quite common for the secretary to make a recording of the meeting. If you are not the secretary, I suggest that you ask the permission of the meeting if you may make a recording.

RE: RE: RE: RE: Recording of our AGM

Nico Carstens replied on Fri, 10 Apr 2015 at 10:13

I am not the secretary but recorded our AGM For my own purposes and not informing the meeting that I am recording the meeting? I was and am a Trustee. After we received the minutes done by the MA, I saw that the minutes were of such poor standard that is not acceptable. I offerd to rewrite the minutes and gave a copy of the recording to the MA that accepted the recording and the rewritten minutes. Now an owner, with alterior motives, say that the recording is illegal and must be destroyed. Did I do something wrong? No criminal events took place, but the truth are hurting some owners that attended the AGM. You advice would be appreciated, TX

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Recording of our AGM

Nico Carstens replied on Fri, 10 Apr 2015 at 10:40

Hi, all. Marge has also raised this question on Paddocks Club, and today's response from the Prof. was that it is not illegal to record the proceedings of a Meeting that you're entitled to attend.

This was the comment on the same topic in another link....Show More

RE: RE: RE: Recording of our AGM

John Yates replied on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 at 15:28

Follow is the term that has been adopted to indicate that one does not have a comment to make at the moment but wishes to follow the series and may make a comment later. Any other word may be used to ensure that one remains in line for future posts in a particular series.

RE: Recording of our AGM

Annie Graeme replied on Fri, 20 Apr 2012 at 10:19

A trustte and a director have the same fiduciary duties.
A director owes a fiduciary duty to the Corporation. In performing his or her duties, a director must act in the best interests of the Corporation (e.g., work to fulfill the Corporation’s tax-exempt purposes and maintain its tax-exempt status). The director may not act in a way that is detrimental to the Corporation in an effort to benefit any third party. The director must disclose to the other members of the board of the Corporation when the board’s actions may have a material impact on the director or another corporation or entity in which the director has a financial interest. The director must not participate in any board discussion or vote on such issues, unless the board determines that the director may so participate. If the board determines that the director may participate, the director may still decide that a conflict exists and that he or she should not participate in any discussion or vote.

RE: RE: Recording of our AGM

Anne Greening replied on Fri, 20 Apr 2012 at 16:01

Hi, Neil. Your posting has popped up on a couple of topics. What is your question?

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199