STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

washing cars

By D B on Wed, 21 Mar 2012 at 11:50

Hi there. I recently received a letter from our Managing Agent saying that we are no longer allowd to wash our cars at our complex. I have read the sectional Title Act as well as the PMR and PCR as well as our complex rules and no-where does it state that cars may not be washed within the complex. It does say that Trustees can enforce rules - but there is no such rule to enforce. Is this legal? Can they actually ban owners from washing their cars at home even of there is no mention in the STA?
Any help appreciated!
D B

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: washing cars

Charles Miller replied on Wed, 21 Mar 2012 at 13:38

Morning DB , depending on where you are , the Municipality may be restricting the use of water and the MA is just passing it on . In The Garden Route , that has been the case and might be again .
Charles Miller.

RE: washing cars

D B replied on Fri, 19 Oct 2012 at 14:58

Hi again. With regards to the above matters have gotten out of hand. The municipality has put NO such ban on washing cars or anything else. The trustees decided it is best to ban washing cars to reduce water costs. They have also put locks on all the taps on our common property. I am now not only unable to wash my car, I am also unable to water the garden area that is in front of my section. All the plants are dying and the grass area is now dust. Is this legal, can they do this?
D.B.

RE: RE: washing cars

Anne Greening replied on Sat, 20 Oct 2012 at 08:02

Hi, DB. Only if there is a conduct rule to this effect, or if they are complying with a legal requirement of the local authority.

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199