STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Geyser move into common property duct

By Warren Fialkov on Thu, 22 Mar 2012 at 12:27

Hi
I would like to know if it is permissable to install a geyser in a common property service duct.
Q1 - I understand I require 50% Body Corporate to agree to my utilisation of common property - correct?
Q2 - Is a geyser allowed to be installed in a service duct (which is accessed from my section)?
Q3 - Where can I find references to the act/section that governs the common property usage?

I have spoken with insurer and provided geyser is installed in compliance with SANS10254 there is no impact to insurance policy.

Background
There is a service duct between my flat and my neighbours. Access is from my flat.
There already is a ventilation duct running from the unit below to the 5th floor within the duct.
My flat is a 1st floor flat (1 unit below)

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Geyser move into common property duct

replied on Wed, 09 May 2012 at 06:34

My family and I have steayd a lot at Port Orleans Riverside and always enjoyed it. Very clean rooms, staff is excellent and everyone goes out of their way to make your stay magical! Just a word of caution. If the weather turns back or they see lightning , they will close the pools, as a safety measure. Love the food court. Lots of choices and the pizza is great. Can't go wrong with this resort. Lots of value for the money.

RE: Geyser move into common property duct

Thomas Groenewald replied on Mon, 14 Jan 2013 at 19:22

Hi Warren, did you find an answer?
View http://www.sto.co.za/forum/topic/8066-Installed_geyser_in_common_property_service_duct and http://www.sto.co.za/component/forum/topic/8629-Request_to_move_geyser_to_flatroof

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199