STO Forums

Search

Type your search criteria above and click Search to search the forums.

To see if someone has already answered a query similar to yours, click the Search button above and search for terms related to your question.

Clearance Certiifcate

By Antje Anton on Thu, 22 Mar 2012 at 13:37

I am in the process of selling my sectional title unit and the transfering attorney anticipates to register by end April 2012.
The levy account is paid up to and including the March 2012 levies. The managing agents request a R 1.000,00 interest payment on arrear levies ( monthly levy R 968,14)until registration. I find this exceptionally high!
They are further charging the transfering attorneys R 500,00 to answer queries they have regarding the clearance certificate.
Is there somewhere a guideline as to how much managing agents fees sholuld be for issuing clearance certificates charge?

Antje Anton

Replies

You must login to post a reply.

RE: Clearance Certiifcate

John Yates replied on Thu, 22 Mar 2012 at 14:52

Follow.

Clive Owens replied on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 at 07:53

The MA follows instructions from the Trustees and the BA . The fee structure should be in the MA - Body Corp contract . Query with them and or also report them and open a case with the EAAB .

RE: RE: Clearance Certiifcate

Antje Anton replied on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 at 10:14

Hi Robert, thanks for reply. Your reply indicates to me that the fee's are very high. As an owner do I have the right to see that contract between MA/BC?

Antje

Clive Owens replied on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 at 12:46

I am no expert , but as an owner your are automatically part of the BA , therefore you are entitled to see all documentation regarding the BA which is held by the MA . You may be required to give notice for access to the documents . Check if the MA is legally registered as a agent , ask the EAAB . If they are not legally registered and do not posses a Fidelity certificate , you can cause huge problems for them . A Clearance certificate should cost not more than R200.(if that)

RE: RE: Clearance Certiifcate

Antje Anton replied on Mon, 26 Mar 2012 at 14:07

Hi Robert,
I have corresponded with the MA (they are registered with EAAB) who confirmed that there is no management agreement in place between MA/BC. Am I correct in now saying they have to re-imburse the R 500,00 they have charged the transfering attoreny for answering their queries? I have also again asked on what values they have based the excessive interest amount of R 1.000,00 as they have not answered me. Surely I have a right to know for what I have to pay this?
Kind regards
Antje

Advertisements
Banner
Website Statistics
  • Forum Topics: 11683
  • Users: 21199